§ 1 Information on the collection of personal data and identification of provider
(1) This statement informs you about the collection of personal data when you use this website. Personal data is all data which relates to you personally, for example your name, address, e-mail address and user behaviour.
(2) The Service Provider in accordance with section 13 of the German Telemedia Act (TMG) and Controller in accordance with section 3, paragraph 7 of the German Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG) is INKO Internationale Handelskontor GmbH, Am Espan 1-3, D-91154 Roth, cf. our Imprint.
§ 2 Rights to information and withdrawal
(1) You are entitled to request information from us at any time regarding the data that we have stored about you, as well its origin, recipients or categories of recipients to which that data is disclosed and the purpose for storing the data.
(2) If you have provided your consent for your data to be used, you may withdraw your consent at any time.
(3) Please send all requests for information, information enquiries or objections to data being processed by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or to the address stated in section 1, paragraph 2.
§ 3 Data security
We deploy current technical measures to guarantee data security, in particular to protect your personal data from the dangers inherent in data transmissions as well as the obtaining of information by third parties. Such measures are appropriately adapted to be state of the art in each case.
§ 4 Collection of personal data during informational usage
(1) When you use the website for purely informational purposes, i.e. if you do not log on or register to use the website, or otherwise send us information, we will not collect any personal data, with the exception of data transmitted by your browser in order to enable you to visit the website. Such data includes:
- IP address
- Date and time of the request
- Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of the request (specific page)
- Access status/HTTP status code
- Quantity of data transmitted in each case
- Website from which the request originates
- Operating system and its interface
- Language and version of the browser software
(2) In addition, cookies are stored on your computer when you use the website. Cookies are small text files which are stored on your hard drive assigned to the browser you use and through which specific information flows to the provider, who sets the cookie (in this case, us). Cookies are unable to run programs or transfer viruses to your computer. They simply serve to make the Internet service more user-friendly and effective overall.
- Transient cookies (temporary use)
- Persistent cookies (time-limited use)
- Third-party cookies (from third-party providers)
- Flash cookies (permanent use)
b) Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close the browser. In particular, these include session cookies. The latter store a so-called “session ID” with which various requests from your browser are assigned to the overall session. This enables your computer to be recognised if you return to the website. The session cookies are deleted when you log out or close the browser.
c) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified period , which may differ depending on the cookie . You can always delete your cookies in the security settings of your browser.
d) You can configure your browser settings to meet your needs and, for example, refuse to accept third-party cookies or indeed all cookies. However, please note that if you do so you may not be able to make full use of all of this website’s functions.
e) The flash cookies used are not collected through your browser but through your flash plug-in. They store the necessary data regardless of the browser that you use and have no automatic expiry date. If you do not want any flash cookies to be processed, you will need to install an appropriate add-on, for example “Better Privacy” for Mozilla Firefox (https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/betterprivacy/) or Adobe Flash Cookie Killer for Google Chrome.
§ 5 Use of social media plug-ins
(1) We currently use the following social media plug-ins: Facebook, Google+, and Twitter. We use the 2-click solution with them. This means that if you visit our site, essentially no personal data is initially passed on to the provider of that plug-in. You can identify the provider of the plug-in by the first letter marked on the greyed-out box. Only if you click on one of the plug-ins, will personal data be transmitted: By activating the plug-in, data is automatically transmitted to the relevant plug-in provider and stored there (with US American providers, in the USA). We do not have any influence over the data collected or the data processing procedures, nor are we made aware of the full extent of the data collection, the purposes or the storage timeframes. As the plug-in provider collects data in particular via cookies, we recommend that, prior to clicking on the greyed-out box, you delete all cookies via your browser’s security settings.
(2) If you activate a plug-in, the plug-in provider is informed that you have called up the respective sub-page of our online offering. In addition, the data mentioned in section 4 of this statement is transmitted, whereby in the case of Facebook, according to information from the providers in each case, in Germany only an anonymised IP will be collected. This will be the case regardless of whether you have an account with that plug-in provider and are logged in there. If you are logged-in with the plug-in provider, that data will be directly assigned to your account. If you press the activated button and, for example, link the page, the plug-in provider will also store that information in your user account and publicly share that with your contacts. If you do not want anything to be assigned to your profile with the plug-in provider, you must log out before activating the button.
(3) The plug-in provider stores that data as a usage profile and uses it for advertising, market research and/or designing its website in line with demand. Such an analysis takes places in particular (also for users who are not logged in) in order to display advertising in line with demand and in order to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of such profiles whereby you must contact the plug-in provider in question in order to exercise that right.
(4) For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and its processing by the plug- in providers are available in the hereafter communicated privacy statements of these providers . You can also get more information about your rights with respect and settings options for protecting your privacy.
(5) Addresses of the respective provider and URL with their privacy notices:
a) Facebook Inc., 1601 S California Ave, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA; http://www.facebook.com/policy.php; further information on data collection: http://www.facebook.com/help/186325668085084, http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info-on-other applications as well as http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info everyoneinfo.
b) Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountainview, California 94043, USA; https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/?hl=de.
c) Twitter, Inc., 1355 Market St, Suite 900, San Francisco, California 94103, USA; https://twitter.com/privacy.
§ 6 Use of Gravatars for comment images
(1) This site uses the external service Gravatar from the provider Automattic Inc., 132 Hawthorne Street, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA. to display user images (“Avatars”) in comments.
(2) The e-mail address provided in the comments is transmitted to Gravatar in order to display a user image potentially linked to that e-mail address within the comments. The e-mail address is transmitted to the Gravatar servers in encrypted format, which in turn supply the user images to our website which are then integrated into the comments on our site.
(3) By displaying the images, Gravatar can store your IP address. More detailed information on the collection and use of data by Gravatar can be found in Gravatar’s data protection information at https://automattic.com/privacy/
(4) If you do not want a linked with your e -mail address at Gravatar Avatar appears in the comments , an email address should be used to comment that is not deposited at Gravatar.